What's in my carry-on bag?Saturday, September 27, 2014
I love packing for my trips. I am a huge organiser so I start preparing my cabin bag a few days before the flight. I've never been on a flight longer than 3 hours before, the longest I usually travel is between England and Estonia when I visit my family. As you all know by now, I am going on holiday to Australia for 3 weeks. We are travelling Manchester-Dubai-Perth-Sydney so there's going to be a lot of time in the air. So here's all of the stuff I've decided I can't travel without.
- Neck Pillow - I want to be as comfy as possible and I will be extremely grumpy without a neck pillow. This baby blue memory foam pillow is from TKMaxx and it was actually a present for Tristan. We will be sharing!
- Comfy socks/slippers - My feet always get cold when I am on the plane. I want to feel cosy and relaxed - my Primark socks help with that!
- Glasses, contact lens case, eye drops - As I am wearing lenses and it is going to be a very long journey, I need my eyes to have a good rest. The climate in the air is very dry and my eyes are so sensitive, so while I'm flying I will be using a tiny bottle of eye drops.
- Notebook - I am very sentimental, so I want to make sure I am able to write down the details of my trip. I am a list maker and will possibly be using the notebook for my post ideas, it's also handy to have some paper in general! This cute notebook was a birthday present from my friend with lyrics from Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' quoted inside.
- Pens, pencil case - I don't like pens to be loose in my bag so I am using this lovely Paperchase Whale Pencil Case to keep my bag organised. It is the perfect size for other longer 'tools' which might also get lost in my bag (Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File and Sally Hansen Nail Pen).
- Wallet - I don't need to bring many cards with me to Australia so I am going to be taking this light brown wallet, as it is a bit more compact. This lovely pink and purple card holder is really good to bring on nights out/dinners.
- Passport, Travel documents - Well, I won't be on the plane without them. Tristan's passports are here too :)
- Beauty - Face tonic and cotton pads are something I would definitely not survive my flight without. I am probably going to be make up free for the whole journey. L'Oreal Skin Pefection toner and serum will help keep my skin soft and moisturised. I will also be taking Bakewell Soap Company Multi-Purpose Pocket Balm, which is perfect hydration for lips, hands, nails and body - it's a 4 in 1 which means I don't have to carry around moisturisers separately!
- Sunglasses - Obviously I won't be wearing them on the plane but after 24 hours of travelling it is good to keep my tired face hidden behind these sunnies!
- Laptop - I don't think I will be using my laptop a lot during the flight but for safety reasons it is good to keep all of your electronics with you!
- Camera, lenses - My Canon camera is really light and small - perfect for these kind of trips!
- iPod, headphones - Everyone needs a little 'me and music' time so I will make sure I charge my iPod before leaving the house.
- Phone - Well, how else I would be in contact with my friends/family/social media without my HTC!
- Nintendo 3DS - I love this little handheld and it will keep me entertained when I get really bored!
- Book - A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets - I've been meaning to read it for a quite a while so I am really excited to read about James and his cute cat Bob.
- Snack - It is always good to have a little snack with you. I am loving these Nākd bars - they are gluten free, super healthy (fruits and nuts smooshed together) and nutritious!
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, Lichfields Mint Imperials - I will probably buy a toothbrush and toothpaste from the airport but I will definitely take mints with me as I don't like gum. These Lichfield mints will fit nicely in this little AlPacasso zippered purse.