Dark chocolate chunk oat cookiesSunday, February 01, 2015
Everybody knows by now how much I love cookies, especially when they are homemade and healthy. I'll be sharing a very easy, quick and yummy oat cookie recipe which I am baking almost every week!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Rice Milk
- 1/4 cup Crunchy Hazelnut Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 100 g Chocolate Chunks
- 2 cups Jumbo Oats
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking pan
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a small bowl - beat eggs, then stir in milk and honey, add hazelnut butter
- In another bowl mix oats and chocolate chunks
- Pour wet ingredients into oats and combine well
- I used a cookie cutter to get this lovely heart shape. I placed the cutter on a sheet and filled it with the mixture. If you don't have a cookie cutter, you can just place a spoon full of the mixture onto a baking sheet - they keep their form!
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Because they are flourless they take less time to bake, I usually keep them in the oven for about 12 minutes. For a more crispy texture you can leave it longer
- Once they are done and are out of the oven, let them cool for about 20 minutes on the bench
So here they are, ready to eat with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.