Couples top 10 travel bucket listTuesday, July 21, 2015
Tristan and I are always looking to go on a holiday. We want to see the world as much as possible but obviously some countries are more attractive than others. Here are both of our top 5 dream places we would like to visit some day - I hope we can start crossing them off soon!
JANA'S TOP 5
1. Petra, Jordan - It has been a long dream of mine to visit Petra. The second I learned about this city, I was intrigued about its history and archaeology - I am a big fan of both. I love deserts.
2. Fraser Island, Australia - I've already visited Australia and I would love to discover more of it. I love nature, so the idea of visiting this heritage-listed island with rainforests, sand dunes and amazing fauna and flora would be a dream come true!
3. Machu Picchu, Peru - Everyone has heard of the Inka and the mysterious ruins of Machu Picchu. The saddest part is that the site suffers from the pressure of too many tourists. Tristan says, 'That's what you get when you build cool stuff' and I totally agree with him!
4. Japan - There aren't any particular cities in Japan I would like to go to but the country in general would be amazing to visit. I really like their culture, temples, cuisine and tea. Tristan speaks and understands some Japanese, so we would be quite safe travelling around.
5. Grand Canyon, Arizona - This looks like an incredible place to be - sitting up high on a rocky cliff surrounded by a beautiful view. I am not a big fan of hiking but I am willing to do it just to enjoy this! I would make another exception and camp there a few days but Tristan is not a big fan of outdoor-sleeping, so one whole day would have to do.
TRISTAN'S TOP 5
6. Antarctica - Tristan's biggest dream! He loves snow, cold weather and anything unique, which I can confirm Antarctica definitely is. Even though I am the opposite (for sun, hot weather and the beach), I don't think I would let him go alone - these penguins are too cute to miss.
7. Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia - the world's largest salt flat! The ground is covered with salt and other minerals which reflect the sky. Salar de Uyuni is also a breeding ground for pink South American flamingo, other bird species and animals. Salt for Tristan, pink flamingos for me!
8. Galápagos Islands - When I ask Tristan what is so interesting about the Galapagos Islands he says two things - big turtles and Charles Darwin. Well, this answers all of my questions.
9. Jellyfish Lake, Palau - Palau is an island country located in the western Pacific Ocean and is home to several jellyfish species. The lake is open to tourists - it is absolutely safe to snorkel with these cute little jellyfish.
10. Cuba - When I think about Cuba, this picture immediately pops into my head - I think it says more than words. I am sure this beautiful island with a long history, interesting culture, white-sand beaches and a colourful capital pulls almost everybody.