Peanut butter cookiesTuesday, October 13, 2015
I've stopped buying cookies, cakes and pastries from the shop since starting my healthier lifestyle, so when I've been getting sugar cravings I have had to make something myself to fit my diet. I thought I would step over the line for once and make some peanut butter cookies with ''real flour and white sugar''. They came out amazing - very crunchy and crumbly! Tristan liked them too!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Cream the softened butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt until the dough is thick and sticky.
- Roll balls of dough (about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie) and roll into granulated sugar.
- Place the balls on baking sheets 2 inches apart from each other.
- Press fork into the tops to create a pattern.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until very lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet